Reservations require a two-night minimum stay. We strongly encourage three nights and up to one week. Our pricing is adjusted for weekly rates. This is to assure that we have the right amount of time for staff to clean and sanitize for your safety and ours.
“Reserve the Whole House” is available by the week and requires calling Cathy 607-316-0069 NOW for a quote and to reserve, to assure that all spaces will be available. Prices fluctuate according to the number of guests, availability and seasonal demand. Please note that the owner lives on premises and there is no use of the kitchen. Breakfast is available when you reserve this option.
Traveling with Friends? We understand that traveling with friends or family is fun! The Starkey House is very conducive for group comfort and it has become one of our specialties!
Each couple or member of your group must make their own reservation for the ease of your transaction and because we must know names and contact information of all guests. Or if you are paying for the entire group reservation, (i.e. attending a wedding nearby or otherwise) we will ask that each guest sign that they have read and will abide the Safe Stay POLICY.
NOTE: Masks continue to be required for the time being, and until NY State mandates change ONLY WHEN proper distancing is not possible and when around other guests NOT with your own group.
No deposit is required to reserve non-group, single-room bookings, however credit card information is necessary to secure a reservation and the total of charges for your stay including a 12% tax, will be billed upon the day BEFORE your departure. Group reservations for four or five rooms may require a 50% deposit unless decided otherwise by Cathy.
IMPORTANT: Last minute reservations made within 5 days of the first night’s stay will be FULLY CHARGED FOR THE ENTIRE RESERVATION, if cancelled. COVID-19 CONSIDERATION will provide NO cancellation fee with a medical note stating COVID-19 related complications.
PLEASE CALL Cathy at 607-316-0069 for possible exceptions and last-minute booking requests.
PAYMENT – We accept cash, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover and American Express. We also accept 1922 Starkey House Gift Certificates.
Food offerings such as fruit & cheese platters, baked item purchases, flowers or candy in your room will be paid at time of arrival at house by check, cash or card.
Private and Secure Direct Bookings and Cancellations
Cancellations for single room bookings are accepted with an advanced 5-day or earlier, prior E-mailed and call-confirmed notice to firstname.lastname@example.org and 607-316-0069. A $35 booking fee (per room/per night) will be charged (at the discretion of owner) if another future reservation date is not chosen at the time of cancellation.
GROUPS traveling together, reserving four or five rooms must give a 15 day or earlier confirmed notice by E-mail to email@example.com AND phone 607-316-0069 to request a cancellation. If one party cancels due to emergency or other circumstances, this does NOT allow for other members of the group to cancel without penalty, which will be $45/per night per room.
Private and Secure Book Directly
So that we may have greater direct communications with our guests from the time they reserve to the time they check out we ask that you make your reservation directly through this site or by calling Cathy 607-316-0069.
Your contact and credit card information is taken at the time of your reservation for holding your reservation, purchases, inclusive packages, room upgrades, or other offerings at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn. No information is ever passed on to other individuals for any other purposes. Card information is kept using a secure online reservation system and secure credit card processing company. Your card information is not accessible to us in full form except for the last four digits of the number. You may ask to have your contact and card information deleted from our booking system at any time after your stay, or if a cancellation occurs.
HOUSE RULES (following COVID-19 guidelines)
*Upon checking in . . . A simple statement disclaimer of health regarding symptoms, contacts, other concerns of being infected by Corona virus will be signed by each guest. This is required by local authorities and will be changed when there is no longer a concern. Parents/guardians will sign for children/minors.
- Guests will agree to wear face coverings when six-foot physical, social distancing is not possible and wash their hands often, catch sneezes/coughs in tissue or sleeve and respect all others who are on premises regardless of their personal beliefs.
- PLEASE DO NOT bring your own bed linens or towels. We provide sanitized rooms and all beds and baths are supplied with clean sleep and personal items. We follow the CDC guidelines and work hard cleaning and sanitizing in private rooms and common areas.
- WASH YOUR HANDS frequently. Sanitizing soaps are available in each room and common areas. CATCH YOUR SNEEZE OR COUGH, when in your room or common area.
- STAY AWAY FROM OTHER GUESTS not traveling directly with you. Distanced areas for breakfast as well as many outdoor covered areas are available to congregate outside of your room. We assure you that you will be comfortable. Breakfast on the porch with a view of the lake is wonderful!
- SANITIZE BEFORE CHECKING OUT. Please take the time to use the provided spray bottles around sink, shower and toilet areas. Housekeeping staff will not enter your room until you check out unless of a situation like TV repair, electric outage, emergency. This is especially important to know during longer stays.
HOUSE RULES (general)
- The Innkeeper is always present or available. No use of the kitchen area by guests. There is a guest
refrigerator available in each room. The staff will prepare only what is offered on the menu unless prior requests are made for dietary needs during the time of online reservation and noted in the “dietary restrictions” box.
- There are no laundry/cleaning facilities available to guests. There is a Laundromat in Dundee, 3 miles away or Watkins Glen 10 miles away.
- NO SMOKING or burning of candles or incense anywhere in house or porches. This is a rural area and large property. Take a walk or sit on grounds away from buildings. NO exceptions will be made.
- Children 12 years and older are invited to stay with their family.
- We cannot invite pets to stay at the house or grounds. No Exceptions except guide dogs. We love them but cannot accommodate them.
- NO SOLICITATION to us or our other guests is permitted during your stay for your services or products.
Thank you for your courtesy.
ADA Website Compliance
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Dundee, NY. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as WAVE and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
254 Dundee Starkey Road
Dundee, NY 14837
Owners: Cathy Moskal
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://1922starkeyhouse.com/ regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our property has no accessible features in the rooms or on the property.
Bed and Breakfast Website Accessibility Features
This inn’s website for 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Bed and Breakfast Accessible Features Please note that our property has no accessible features in the rooms or on the property.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Private and Secure
Your contact and credit card information is taken at the time of your reservation for purchases, inclusive packages, rooms, or other offerings at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn. No information is ever passed on to other individuals for any other purposes. Card information is kept using a secure online reservation system and secure credit card processing company. Your card information is not accessible to us in full form except for the last four digits of the number.
We may share your name and phone number, but not card information, with a package partner such as a limo service or restaurant, but not with anyone outside the realms of your business here at 1922 Starkey House Bed & Breakfast Inn.
You may ask to have your contact and card information deleted from our booking system at any time after your stay, or if a cancellation occurs.